Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Spring gets seriously underway, finally


Spring seemed to hold it's breath for awhile as it's been cool and slow coming, until it seemed to not be able to contain itself anymore and has gone into fast forward. These are our wild cherry trees out front of our house. Lovely aren't they?
I'm still working hard to revamp our web site so have been absent from consistent blogging lately.  I thought I would share a few spring images from the neighborhood to celebrate this verdant time of the year.




Anyone know what these are specifically? I always call them spring orchids, due to the leaves which are like the more recognizable orchids that will be coming along shortly, like these below.

Little wild orchids are just so exciting to me and I love their appearance every year. We have quite a few in the neighborhood. I will be looking forward to the progression of the spring wildflowers.  What are some of the harbingers of spring for you in your part of the world?
Post a Comment
Bookmark and Share